+48 22 490 20 44 Help for foreigners living in Poland

Informal relationship

An informal relationship (with a foreigner or citizen of the Republic of Poland) may be treated as another circumstance justifying a stay on the territory of Poland.

In the case of this type of permit, in addition to the basic documents referred to in the TEMPORARY RESIDENCE - GENERAL INFORMATION tab, the foreigner must also submit:

- documents confirming health insurance or the insurer covering the costs of treatment on the territory of the Republic of Poland;

- documents confirming the possession of a stable and regular source of income sufficient to cover the cost of living in Poland (e.g., a pension agreement concluded with the partner);

- documents confirming the possession of a place of residence on the territory of Poland;

- documents confirming living together and running a household with a partner.

Note! The above list cannot be considered complete. The set of documents necessary to obtain a temporary residence permit due to other circumstances may differ due to the given foreigner's situation and the office where the foreigner applies for the permanent residence permit.