Homepage Uzupełnienia Legalisation of stay

Legalisation of stayPrint

  • if a foreigner wants to use the reflection period for up to 3 months (up to 4 months in the case of minors), then during this period they are entitled to receive help from the National Centre and legalise their stay in Poland. However, it is required for the foreigner to contact law enforcement officials during this period, so that the authorities can confirm the presumption that he is a victim of human trafficking and issue an adequate certificate. The stay of the victim is considered as legal for the period of validity of such certificate, i.e. for the period of 3 months (4 months in the case of minors) from the date of issuing.

Note! However, if such a person does not decide to co-operate with law enforcement after the expiry of the three-month reflection period, they will have the right to receive assistance in voluntary return to the country of origin – what is assistance in voluntary return? ->

  • If during these 3 months he decides to co-operate with law enforcement (file a report of a crime), he will have the possibility to receive a temporary residence permit for a period of at least 6 months – what is a temporary residence permit?

After a one-year stay in Poland pursuant to a permit for human trafficking victims, the foreigner may also apply to the Voivode for a permanent residence permit. However, then the victim will be required to co-operate with law enforcement officials and to have justified concerns about returning to the country of origin.