Homepage FAQ Family reunification

Family reunificationPrint

I live in Poland and hold a permanent residence permit. Can my wife, who is a foreign national, live with me in Poland?

The wife of a foreigner residing in Poland based on a permanent residence permit may apply in Poland for a temprory residence permit for the purposes of family reunification (in this case – to reunite with her husband). In order for your wife to be able to legalise her stay in Poland based on your marriage, the marriage must be considered valid under Polish law. This means that if the marriage was entered into abroad, the foreign marriage certificate has to be registered at the Polish Registry Office. More information about recognition of a foreign marriage can be found at http://migrant.info.pl/marriage-to-a-polish-citizen.html